ALEX NOCK – DIRECTOR
Alex has a passion for producing buildings with a high level of design excellence. He believes that in order to achieve this, there is a need for architects to have a strong understanding of sustainable design objectives, practices and strategies. It is for this reason that he has pursued his studies in the area of ‘sustainable architecture’.
He has completed an honours thesis on sustainability in the design and construction industry, a masters in sustainable design (honours) and continues to contribute to the architecture community in this area.
Alex’s role as a design architect is informed from the concept stage by his knowledge base in sustainable design, complementing the design process and enhancing the end product. This ensures a total building solution that is energy, water and resource efficient, provides an elevated user comfort level and is cost effective.
- Registered architect (ARBV 16750) 2007 – current
- Masters of Design Science (Sustainable Design) (Honours) Syd Uni 2003
- Bachelor of Architecture Syd Uni 2002
- Bachelor of Science (Architecture) (Honours) Syd Uni 1999
- 2011 – present – NOCK ARCHITECTURE P/ L – Director
- 2002 – 2011 – Woodhead – Regional Principal and Group Leader for Sustainability
- Architectural Registration Board VIC 2007 – current
- AIA member 1998 – current
- Mornington Peninsula Shire Design Advisory Panel 2014 – current
- AIA Leadership in Sustainability Prize juror 2016
- AIA National Sustainability Committee Representative VIC 2011 – 2013
- AIA Victorian Chapter Councillor 2010 – 2013
- AIA Victorian Chapter awards juror 2012 and 2014
- Lecturer and tutor at the University of Melbourne 2008 – 2012
- Property Council Award for Best Retirement Living Development – finalist
- AIA Sustainability Award – short listed
- Francis Greenway Society, Green Building Awards – bronze medal
- PLEA international design competition – high commendation
- Solarch design competition – joint winner